Waking up with dark circles and are tired (literally) of them?
I know exactly how you feel, my friend...
The struggle is real — sleep deprivation can easily make your eyelid skin puffy and darker.
For months, I’ve been waking up looking like I’ve been beaten until I’ve decided to do something about it.
I’ve started doing research and looking for an answer.
Turns out the production of cortisol (sleep hormone) increases when the body is sleep-deprived, causing blood pressure to rise as well. Blood vessels expand to accommodate the excess blood, which makes dark circles more prominent.
What Causes Dark Circles?
Unfortunately, there are a few more causes to dark circles besides sleep deprivation:
- Lack of sleep;
- Eye rubbing;
Excessive sun exposure .
Luckily for us, there are simple solutions like vitamin C and cold temperatures. Cold temperature tightens the skin around the eyes by shrinking the blood vessels. On the other hand, vitamin C strengthens the skin by building collagen that makes skin more elastic and resilient.
Thus, we’ve made a list of 5 natural remedies (including vegetables that contain vitamin C) that can help you fight this persistent and annoying problem, so read on!
How To Easily Remove Dark Circles In 5 Simple Ways
There are a few simple ways that will help you maintain healthy and glowy looking skin:
- Cucumbers have anti-inflammatory properties and can help remove dark circles around eyes by lightening your skin effectively.
- As a natural astringent, it can tighten pores and make skin look smoother.
How to apply?
Cut the cucumbers into thin slices and put them in the refrigerator for half an hour. After that, just place them on your lids for 10-15 minutes, then rinse with cold water. For visible results, repeat the treatment twice a day.
2. Cold Tea Bag
- Luckily for us, tea bags contain caffeine and antioxidants that can help reduce water retention, which causes puffy eyes.
- Applying cold tea bags to your eyelids can improve their appearance and remove dark circles.
How to apply?
Soak two teabags in boiling water for 3-5 minutes (preferably green or black tea bags). Let them chill in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes, and then just apply them on your eyelids for 10-20 minutes. After removing, rinse your eyes with fresh, cold water.
- Tomatoes are loaded with vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin B, sulfur, phosphorus, and calcium.
- Tomatoes have natural whitening and bleaching properties that make them an excellent remedy for dark circles.
How to apply?
Add 1 tbsp of tomato juice to 1 tbsp of lemon juice and apply the mixture around eyelids with a cotton ball. Leave the mixture for 10 minutes, rinse it with cold water, then just pat dry and you’re golden!
4. Frozen Spoons
- If you’re in a hurry or just want to look more fresh and awake in the morning, frozen spoons will do the job as they’re an excellent temporary and quick solution.
- Cold temperature can reduce the puffiness around the eyes as it shrinks dilated blood vessels and helps tighten the skin.
How to apply?
Firstly, dip two clean metal spoons in water, and transfer them in the freezer. After 10-15 minutes, pull them out and place the rounded side of the spoon onto your eyelids. Hold for 5-10 minutes, and you’re good to go!
5. Stay Hydrated
- Perhaps the most effective way to prevent dark circles around the eyes is to stay hydrated, as hydration improves blood circulation.
- That’s simply because when dehydrated, the body adapts by retaining water, especially around the eyes.
How much water should you drink?
You have to drink plenty of water per day to reduce the amount of excess fluid in the body. A general rule to live by is 8x8. It means you should drink 8 ounces of water 8 times a day to stay hydrated.
Consume more liquids, have at least 8 hours of sleep, and include more vitamin C in your diet and beauty routine. Always carry a water tracker bottle with you because it will help you stay hydrated throughout the day!
Do you have any more remedies for dark circles? Try our natural remedies for dark circles as they are so easy and quick to do. We guarantee you will have gorgeous and glowy looking skin!